Videos are the content of today. Video content is being published at the same rate and in written form today. This is because users respond better to video content. In this guide, we’ll break down what is Video marketing, the fundamentals of video marketing, and how to create videos that engage audiences.
If you’re new to the world of video marketing, then you’ve got a lot to learn. Video marketing isn’t just publishing a video and sharing it on social media channels. It includes planning, creating, editing, then publishing, and promoting.
The most common platforms for video marketing in sequence are as follows:
Importance of Video Marketing
Video has very quickly emerged as the primary form of content. Users would watch a video of 10 minutes instead of reading a 2-minute content. Here are some content marketing stats from 2022 that will make you start using more video content:
- 82% of all internet traffic will come from video by the end of 2022.
- According to Alexa rankings, YouTube is the most popular website on the planet.
- On average, a user spends about 40 minutes every day on YouTube.
- 1 Billion hours of YouTube videos are watched every day.
- 60% of users’ videos on Facebook every day.
- Over 70% of users prefer watching a video about a product instead of a product description.
- 90% of users claim that videos help them make better purchasing decisions (Forbes survey).
Key Factors in Developing a Video Marketing Strategy
Building the right video marketing strategy can take up a lot of time. You need to think about every possible aspect of video marketing.
If you wish to succeed with video marketing, there are some basic things you need to keep in mind. Your video marketing strategy should include:
- Considering your customer’s pain points.
- Create videos that solve these issues.
- Create a script for your videos (an outline will do as well).
- Try to give your brands a unique feeling or touch.
- Shoot and edit your videos in a proper format.
- Add videos into text-based content.
- Share videos on all your social media channels for added engagement.
- Keep track of the results of your videos.
- Improve your content strategy based on data and feedback from your audience.
Type of Video Content You Can Publish
There is some particular type of videos that always work. They end up being successful, regardless of the type of niche. These video templates offer information in a way that works.
You can use different types of videos for social media, website pages, or just video streaming platforms.
Here are the video types you should definitely try for your brand:
1. How to Videos
Creating a How-to-Video is simple. It’s an instructional video that outlines how to do something. This can be something as small as how to bake a cake, or something as big as how to repair a car.
How-to videos are great for every kind of business. You can give product demos, software tutorials, and anything you want to teach.
2. Product Demo
The second type of video that works great is product demos. To build a catchy product demo video, it should include these things:
- Introduce the problem within the first 2-3 minutes.
- Hint about the solution in the next 2-3 minutes.
- Reveal your product. Be creative about this part.
- Highlight the features and benefits next.
- Provide some case studies and customer testimonials for the perfect finish.
- End the video with a call to action.
3. Explainer Video
Explainer videos are great if there’s one particularly tricky thing that you want to explain. Dedicate the whole video to this single topic and build a video around it. Here are the steps to create an explainer video:
- Start off big with an intro.
- Ask a couple of questions about these concepts. These make the person watching videos about your explanation.
- Keep the explanation part as short as possible.
- If you want to use this video to showcase your product/service, then use the end of the video to do it.
4. Case Study Video
If you know how to utilize case studies to your advantage, it can boost conversion rates on these pages.
If you want to get more results from these case studies, then you should start utilizing video testimonials. Customers love to see a person sharing their experience with a particular product/service.
A case study video should highlight the before and after parts more than anything for higher conversion rates.
How to Create Quality Videos?
Now comes the hard part. Creating videos that strike the users to make a purchase, sign up, or anything else.
Most marketers end up learning how to make videos after they’ve made tons of mistakes. Fortunately for you, you can follow this guide and create incredible videos in a matter of minutes.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Create a script or an outline of the video.
- Use 3-point lighting for the best view of your face and surroundings.
- Set up soundproofing
- Edit videos or hire someone to edit your videos.
- Color correction plays a major role.
- Add graphics and animation to add flash into the video.
Use a Consistent Look and Feel
If you want to build a brand on YouTube, then make sure all your videos have the same type of look and feel. This doesn’t mean that you should use the same background every single time.
It can be tough to master this element for your videos. But with enough time you’ll master how to provide the same type of feel for your videos. Also, adding a similar type of humor will end up making the videos feel even more similar.
Conclusion – Video Marketing
This concludes our video marketing guide that businesses of all kinds can follow. Follow the steps mentioned in this guide and let us know in the comment box what works for you and what doesn’t. You can only succeed by doing trial and error.